I recently ran into this little comic on Reddit.
I love this little sketch because it's exactly like life. When we get outside our comfort zone, it's…uncomfortable! On the other hand, if you look closely at the comic, you'll notice that the little red comfort box is just a little larger after the guy gets back to it. When we brave the unknown, try something new, and succeed, our comfort zone expands.
I dare you to do something healthy that's outside your comfort zone today!
Here are some ideas:
- Sign up for a recreational sports league
- Go to the gym and register for a regular class
- Try out a Toastmasters meeting to improve your communication skills
- Find and attend a support group for any issues you're facing
- Go to a group that looks interesting on meetup
- Invite someone to go to a fun event with you
- Eat some green veggies every day this week
- Say no to something you don't want to do
- Go somewhere new
Alright. Three. Two. One. Go!!!