I'm a business consultant as well as a business owner and am always looking for ways to help both my business and that of my clients.
With this in mind, I asked thousands of business owners, “What changes did you make in your business that helped the most?”
Here are their top responses.
Changes That Helped My Business the Most
- Raised my prices
- Limited my availability
- Did an analysis of my revenue and refocused on the top 20%
- Fired some clients
- Hired a business coach
- Stopped worrying about what others think and started doing it my way
- Took sales and service courses
- Constantly readjusting my strategy based on what is working and what isn't
- Hired people smarter than me in certain areas
- Invested in Google ads
- Started heavily using paid advertising
- Changed my mindset from earning to giving benefit to others
- Fired an employee
- Understanding business is something you make happen, it doesn't just happen.
- Focused on processes
- Started offering free services to potential clients
- Staying focused on core competencies rather than trying everything. Do what you do best and make that successful before adding anything else.
- Understanding my ideal client
- Created three core packages with the lowest one being my usual package
- Hired an assistant/appointment setter
- Automated leads
- Going to conferences and networking groups
- Investing/seeking help in my skill gaps
If you're looking to grow your business, I hope this helped! Make it a great day!!!