I'm a business consultant as well as a business owner and am always looking for ways to help both my business and that of my clients.
With this in mind, I asked thousands of business owners, “What changes did you make in your business that helped the most?”
Here are their top responses.
Changes That Helped My Business the Most
- Raised my prices
- Limited my availability
- Did an analysis of my revenue and refocused on the top 20%
- Fired some clients
- Hired a business coach
- Stopped worrying about what others think and started doing it my way
- Took sales and service courses
- Constantly readjusting my strategy based on what is working and what isn't
- Hired people smarter than me in certain areas
- Invested in Google ads
- Started heavily using paid advertising
- Changed my mindset from earning to giving benefit to others
- Fired an employee
- Understanding business is something you make happen, it doesn't just happen.
- Focused on processes
- Started offering free services to potential clients
- Staying focused on core competencies rather than trying everything. Do what you do best and make that successful before adding anything else.
- Understanding my ideal client
- Created three core packages with the lowest one being my usual package
- Hired an assistant/appointment setter
- Automated leads
- Going to conferences and networking groups
- Investing/seeking help in my skill gaps
If you're looking to grow your business, I hope this helped! Make it a great day!!!
About the Author
Happily married with five kids, Smith owns a technology company, is the founder of this site, has served on the board of directors for multiple companies, and loves playing soccer, hiking, and mentoring.
Why do so many people feel entitled to things?
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” -Confucius I'm going to call
Breaking the Shield
In Clash of Clans, a popular strategy game for the iPhone and Android, there is a concept of a shield that goes
Little changes, Big Results: How minor changes today can have a major impact over time
Think back to an amazing performance you've seen recently. Did it ever cross your mind to ask the question how did this
Lately, life has been chaotic. Board meetings at night, long work days, 5 kids that need to be everywhere at the same
How to Bounce Back From Failure
“Failure is not the opposite of success, it is part of success” — Ariana Huffington We all have experienced failure at some
Why Simple Is Better When It Comes to Business
It's New Year's Eve, and I'm a little bored, so I decided to write this article. I've answered a few emails and
What happens when you get past a million views on your blog
Sometime this morning this website, which started as a personal blog where I shared some of my experiences and blossomed into a
Are You Putting Names Before Numbers?
One of the themes of our high school youth group this year is “Names before numbers.” What that means is we as
Book of the Month: The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris
Is it possible to create a life where you only work 4 hours a week yet make more money than you do
Want more sales? Think like a fisherman!
The other day, I was talking with one of our sales interns. I asked, “How do you feel like it is going?”.
How to Avoid Social Media Stress
2021 is a new year. You don't want to begin it by being aggravated. You don't want to spend it being annoyed.
Small Business Owners: 6 Tools You Need For Global Growth
Thanks to the internet, almost any business with an understanding of e-commerce can be a global business. If you want to make