We asked thousands of our members, "What would you improve in your life if you could?"
Most replied with some variation of these responses:
- I would like to improve my financial situation so I can _____ (move, travel, not worry, have more freedom, retire, take care of my family,...)
- I would like to improve my relationships.
- I would like to improve my health (generally lose weight and get in shape)
With this in mind, we have identified books to help our readers improve each of these core areas.
Your challenge is to read one of the personal development books we recommend each month.
The challenge is completely free, and you can unsubscribe at any time. By enrolling in the challenge, you'll get our newsletter with personal development articles, book recommendations, and course discounts in your inbox.
Get book recommendations, community news, and articles designed to help you grow in your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Successful People Read
Warren Buffett, one of the wealthiest individuals in the world, is well known for spending up to 80% of his day reading. In fact, when Warren was once asked about the key to success, he pointed to a stack of nearby books and said, “Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.”
“Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.” -Warren Buffett
Warren isn't the only one who feels reading regularly is extremely important if you are going to improve your life. Here are some other names you might recognize that have learned the importance of this habit of highly successful people.
- Bill Gates reads about 50 books a year, which breaks down to about a book a week.
- Elon Musk said he read about 10 hours a day while in grade school.
- Mark Cuban reads more than 3 hours every day.
- Mark Zuckerberg made a resolution to read a book every other week.
- Oprah Winfrey is an avid reader and stated: “Books were my pass to personal freedom.”
The list goes on and on. Bottom line, successful people read!
Books Hand Selected for Your Success
Don Smith, the founder of this site, selected these books from the hundreds if not thousands of self-help books he has read as being the most influential for his success. Smith is the owner and CEO of a multi-million dollar technology company and has served on multiple boards of directors. Happily married with five kids, Smith credits much of his success to his reading habit, and to these recommended books in particular.
How the Free Reading Challenge Works
Sign up using the form on this page.
Keep an eye on your email for book recommendations.
Read one of the recommended books each month!
Enter your name and email address below to get started!