Had a few of you asking what I'm reading right now and suggesting new reading material. Figured more of you might be curious, so here's my current list. Who knows, maybe if enough people care I'll actually keep this up to date...
Note that you will normally see me reading multiple books at a time. I usually have one or two loaded in my phone (audiobook for walking/jogging, ebook for downtime), a physical one for when I'm home, and an audiobook in my car at all times. I've read thousands of books over the years, having read several books nearly every week for more than 35 years.
If you're interested in a recommendation then use the form below and I'll send a recap of the articles I have written each week along with a recommended book guaranteed to challenge and grow you each month.
My Current Reading Queue
- Be A People Person by John Maxwell - reading
- Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol - listening to
- The 10x Rule -- Grant Cardone
- #Success - Mastering the basics to a happy, healthy, and wealthy life -- Carla Schesser
- Mindset -- Carol Dweck
- Goals -- Brian Tracy
- The practicing mind by Thomas Sterner
- The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones
- Rhinoceros Success: the Secret to Charging Full Speed Toward Every Opportunity
- Tools for Titans
- Visioneering by Andy Stanley
- The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- You are the Message by Roger Ailes
- Point Man by Steve Farrar
- Your Money Counts by Howard Dayton
- Spiritual Leadership by Oswald Sanders
- Radical by David Platt
- The Next Generation Leader by Andy Stanley
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene
- The 4 hour work week -- Tim Ferriss - some good ideas for saving time or if you are interested in venturing out on your own.
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - interesting and quick read, some good life lessons
- Retire young retire rich -- Robert Kiyosaki - one of his best books I've read so far, unique take on investing
- The Geography of Genius: Lessons from the World's Most Creative Places - interesting look into the nurture part of genius
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster - excellent study on Christian discipleship
- Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself - great inspirational story
- How to win friends & influence people -- Dale Carnegie (reread) - great as always, should be considered required reading
- The last stand of Fox Company: a true story of U.S. marines in combat - interesting, slow though
- Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson - excellent, highly recommended!
- Awaken the Giant Within -- Anthony Robbins - a little over the top but worthwhile read
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - great story about finding your treasure, highly recommend!
- The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential by John Maxwell - reread, top pick
- What I know for sure by Oprah Winfrey - It's Oprah...of course it's good
- It's a Long Story: My Life by Willie Nelson - love it, this guy knows how to tell a story! Good insights.
- Me by Ricky Martin - 5 stars
- Flyboys: A True Story of Courage - a must read, but you won't ever think of war the same again... Not the movie. Warning, this contains many very graphic scenes, not for kids or the faint of heart.
- It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy. Excellent
Recommendations are welcome, comment away!
Interested in what books I recommend out of the thousands I've read over the years? Send me your email address using the subscription form on this page and I'll send you a recommendation each month!
Here are a few exclusive offers from our good friend and partner Amazon that you might be interested in if you're an avid reader like I am. Enjoy!
Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
My current reading list Reviewed by Don Smith on 5:55:00 PM Rating: